Go to content
Back to content | Back to main menu
…. Knowledge is key
- Biological name of the Head Louse, Pediculus Capitis and is One of three species that infest humans.
- Head Lice are blood-sucking parasites, therefore depends on human blood for survival which is an interesting factor as blood types draw the head louse to a specific individual.
- Head Lice can infest all levels of society.
- Lice CAN NOT fly or jump.
- Head Lice are very host specific, lice that affect humans cannot be transmitted to and from pets or other animals.
- Infestations are difficult to treat due to the development of lice that are resistant to many existing pediculicides.
- Awareness, Education & Control is essential.